Aug 24, 2009

First Day of School!

Back to blogging....and to the fact that it is hard to blog without a camera. Yep, I sold my camera...AGAIN. For those of you who know me well, you know I do this about once a year and then spend about two months researching cameras before I get a new one. Anyway, I couldn't just go without, so I went to Tarjay last night and bought a cheapie digital pocket camera so I can blog and take pics of the kids. I just couldn't miss capturing this momentous first day. I do have to say I love this little camera though, and the portability factor is something I know I'm going to love!

Well, here they are in all their dressed up glory:) JOrdan is starting the 8th grade, Noah the 4th, Jonah the 1st, and my baby girl Avelyn is starting kindergarten:( It's just me and Emmy here now and it is QUIET...that will take some getting used to. Randy took the day off to help me get them ready and he said they did great. Especially Avelyn, whom we thought we might have severe issues with...walked right in and sat down in her seat....NO TEARS!!!! Miracles, they do happen folks! Later Randy went up to have lunch with her and the first thing she told dad was, "I LOVE school DAD!!" This is why I'm having a great day...all is right with the world when my kids are happy....not sure how long it will last, but I'll take what I can get;) But here's hoping they stay that way for a while....








7 comments:

Jen said...

Gracious you have beautiful kids!!!!

Maren and Dustin said...

Your kids all look so cute together for school!

And hurry up with your new camera! We want you to take our family photos this year! :)

Jessica said...

Well have a look at little miss sassypants there! Can't imagine where she gets that from!! :-D

Glad that all went well this morning.

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

So cute! I loved your Disney pics. Tyler Bree kept asking if we could look at the pictures with "Emmy and the princesses."

Amber Grannis said...

Holy smokes, I guess I didn't realize Avelyn was going into KG this year! And Jonah is in his last year of Middle School??!! Where DOES the time go? Your boys are so handsome and your girls so beautiful. I'm glad Avelyn's first day was tear-free!

Amber Grannis said...

And I meant Jordan, not Jonah. Duh.

Sally Blackburn said...

I'm glad Avelyn loves school... Emily told me after the second day she had enough... "Mom. I had enough school now." If she only knew what she's in for, huh? haha