Jan 11, 2009

Pittsburgh Proud!!


Today I have the happiest husband around...his team beat the San Diego Chargers and now get to play in the AFC championship against the Baltimore Ravens next week. I wish I had a video camera so I could show you this "other person" he becomes while watching his team play...it's really unbelievable. I just hope the neighbors don't think too badly about us because of all the noise. For some reason, the Pittsburgh Steelers have always been his team since way back to when he was a kid. I remember when we were dating he ALWAYS wore this white Steelers cap (see picture...oh, we were young!) and I should have known then what was to come. Over the years, I have become a huge fan myself and really enjoy the whole NFL season, my team being the Colts...but I always root for his team too, I have no choice...no one in this house can be anti-Pittsburgh;)

This season has really been special to him though, because Jordan has started to really get into watching the games. It's amazing to me after all these years watching football with Randy, how Jordan knows so much more than I do after just becoming interested this one season. Maybe it's a guy thing..who knows? My husband could NOT be happier to A: have his team doing so well and to B: have his oldest son sit beside him (and sometimes next oldest son, although he can't make it a whole game) and cheer on his favorite team. Also, note the matching Steelers jerseys that momma had to track down through different sellers on ebay and cross my fingers they all made it before Dec. 25th...they are SO proud of those...now Randy wants one for Jonahbear too...even though at this point he could care less (he is majorly into "ROCKY"...that's another post;). GO STEELERS!!!


post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA! I didn't know ya'll were Steelers Fans!!! I am a fanatic! We'd fit right in with you guys in our Steelers jerseys rooting on the greatest football dynasty ever! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Gayle Wismar

Unknown said...

Randy is definitely a die-hard Steelers fan! Steelers fans are EVERYWHERE you go! The Cardinals get to wear their home jerseys but I'm confident it will be more like a home game for the Steelers because of their fan base. Can't wait til Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Fantastiс web sitе. Plenty of helpful infо herе.

I'm sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your sweat!

My web-site :: tens units

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely ѵаlid points!

І appreciate yοu pеnning this post plus the rest of the site is very good.


Lοok into my blog post HTTP://www.Lgtensunits.com/