Mar 27, 2009

Western Day...A Comparison....

So, after we start getting ready for school this morning, Jonah informs us that for Kindergarten it is Western day. That means they get to dress up in western clothes for the day, even though there isn't any note anywhere that I can find informing parents of this. I'm a little skeptical, but Noah then says he overheard another child telling her mom the same thing yesterday, so I figure it's legit;) Now, I'm trying to figure out how to throw a cowboy/western outfit together in five minutes, but Jonah says, "don't worry mom, I'm going to wear my vest!". This is the leather vest my Aunt Ginger made that Jonah wore for Halloween when he was three:) He was ready to go!! I had to snap this pic before he left, he was so proud:) I had to think, though, that it's too bad that this is all we can come up with for western wear in the boys' closet....and we are in Texas....we don't even own one pair of cowboy boots, how sad!! Although, not sad enough for me to go shopping for western clothes.....I mean, didn't I get enough of that when I was little?? If it was up to my mother, I would have worn clothes like this every day...and I did for the first few years of elementary!! This is my first grade picture (and I assure you it wasn't supposed to have a "western" theme). I am Jonah's age in the pic...it even looks like the same vest! Now do you see why I'm scarred for life when it comes to dressing my kids?? Someone should have pulled my mother aside and gently explained to her that I AM A GIIIIRRRRLLLLLL!!!!! Seriously.

5 comments:

Jen said...

you are so adorable!!! And that Jonah - whew! He's gonna be a lady killer! ;) Jesse told us that he wanted the bandana tied around his mouth (giggle) so that he would look like a bank robber (oh brother!). Jason told him - "Sure, I can do that!" (eye rolling and giggling here!)

Anonymous said...

Well done! The vest works out perfectly. Now you just need to get your kid some boots and a hat.

Jessica said...

Maybe she thought you were rootin' tootin' and needed to dress the part. :D

Jonah needs some boots. We can get him some in Utah this summer when we're there for Education Week.

The Workin' Mama said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl! I was cracking up at your post.

Love your pic. You look like you have a secret.

:)

Maren and Dustin said...

Like mother like son! Please shoot me if I ever wear a vest and cowboy boots (out of a costume party, that is!) I just don't have it in me to pull it off!