Mar 28, 2009

Cookie Friday with Reese and the Girls...

After school on Fridays, Jonah and his best friend Luke take turns going over to each other's houses to play. They look forward to it all week because they just love hanging out together. Yesterday was Friday and it was Luke's turn to come to our house, but when it's our turn to host I just can't resist having his little sister, Reese over too:) It's become kind of a monthly tradition to have Reese over to bake cookies with the girls on those special Fridays. She is one of the girls' best friends, they just love her and so do I:) She calls me 'SuperV' and I think that is just too cute, since she can't pronounce our last name. Anyway, yesterday I had to make a dessert to take to the RS Birthday dinner at church, so since Reese was coming over, we just made cookies. They usually like chocolate chip, but I was out so we made peanut butter cookies that I let the girls roll into balls then roll in a bowl of sugar. They all wore their little aprons and just had a blast rolling the dough into balls and playing in the sugar (it took me an hour to rid the kitchen of the scattered sugar). They turned out great and Reese took some home to share:) We just love having our little ReeseyBoo over on these special Fridays, and as soon as she is gone, the girls start asking about when she's coming over for the next time:) It makes me so grateful that we are able to raise our kids in a great community and neighborhood, with truly awesome friends! We love you Reesey!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute pictures! (weird, only the first picture showed up in my Google reader)

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Oh I miss my little "nursery" girls!